I like to commit to reading a book a month every year - sometimes I make it and sometimes not. I have an over achiever friend :) that is reading 52 books a year. Me, well, I'm doing good to get 12 read...
I've been waiting for a new paperback Jodi Picoult book and finally it arrived - by way of sweet friends!! :O) I absolutely love any of Jodi's books - and this one did not let me down.
I would list this as a MUST read - murder mystery, court room drama, a mom's love for her kids, there is even a hint of romance - something for everyone. Her books make me think of what my dream job would be - a researcher. The knowledge, attention to detail and perspective that she puts into her books comes from extraordinary research. She probably does it all herself but at the pace she puts out bestsellers, it seems like she would have a whole team of researchers. Jodi always picks something controversial or a headline topic but this time her main character was inspired by a family member's own issues with having an Autistic child. I have a feeling this one has more heart than her others. I will say usually she keeps me guessing till I turn the very last page - "master of the page-turner" USA Today - I did figure who done it sooner than the last page but maybe it's because I've read so many of her books but somehow I still kept those pages turning leaving me in suspense all the way to the end!
Best & Agreed On Quote from Critics:
"Picoult has become a master - almost a clairvoyant - at targeting hot issues and writing highly readable page-turners about them...It is impossible not to be held spellbound by the way she forces us to think, hard, about right and wrong." ~ The Washington Post
I give this MUST read a 5 out of 5 stars!!

No comments:
Post a Comment