Thursday, January 13, 2011

1/13/11 - Autumn

Have you ever made a New Year's resolution with a friend?

We did, by making an appointment on our calendars for lunch at least two days a month - to refresh, stay connected and not eat at our desk (it's a bad habit we both have).

We've been working together for about 15 years and over time our friendship easily developed.  Between both our kids being at Zale Daycare and working in the same department, it was bound to happen!  About 3-4 years ago my desk moved to another floor in the building which made it harder to stay in touch.  I'm blessed that our friendship was more than just that we worked in the same department.  With the best of friends you have to make time for each other - invest in each other - we intend to do just that this year!

Autumn, you are dear to me, I love your wisdom, spirit, & compassion that you have for others.  I look forward to growing old with you at Zales and beyond...

2 comments: