So, it was a Tuesday we ended up skipping...rare. Janelle came down with a confirmed case of the Flu and will be out till next Monday. I had to work late from being out Monday - missed soccer game - head still hurt some. Several of the other girls weren't feeling good either... so we canceled.
I got home late from work, decided to rest and finish reading my January book. I like to commit to reading at least one book a month - for a fun read. This month it was Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I saw the previews for the movie (staring Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson) and I knew I would want to read the book first. It was a pretty easy read and I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie. On a scale of 1-5 I'd give it about a 2.5 I was surprised to see that Amazon’s average customer reviews gave it 4.5 stars. Read it, tell me what you think? 5 Stars I can’t put the book down – this one lasted me most of the month. I was able to put this down for days at a time with no problem. It’s listed as a Historical Romance novel. The novel goes back and forth in time, told from the point of view of Jacob, the main character.
If you ever enjoyed the circus - you might enjoy this book...and if you are my age you aren't old enough to know the circus of this time period. The pictures of circus past are pretty cool and add a better depth to his memories. A Circus on Parade coming through town must have been a thrill back in the day. The Big Top Tent popping up the greatest of acts, dancing horses, clowns, strong men and the fun lasted until the fat lady sang. Only to hitch back on the train to the next town ready for the next parade led by a pretty lady riding on the biggest of Elephants.

No comments:
Post a Comment