Monday, July 4, 2011

06/23/11 - Numb

All the dentist could do for me was shoot me up with novacaine to numb the area and percribe some more pain killers.  The numbness was supposed to take the pain away for up to four hours, long enough he was hoping to get me in to an Oral Surgeon that day.  The girls in the office worked for a while calling different offices, the best they could find that would take me that day - was one in Dallas - all other area doctors were in surgery all day and could not fit me in.  My appointment wasn't until 1:45 - the numbness, by the way wore off within two hours.  I had to rely on the pain killers till the surgeon could remove it or fix it. 

My 1:45 eneded up being a consultation only and after looking at the his own x-rays and reading the other dentist report he tells me extraction is my only option.  The really bad news was he couldn't take it out until Saturday.  I nearly cried as I asked him how am I supposed to deal with the pain until then?  He changed my antibiotics and said this should help shrink the abscess helping with the pain.  Along with my pain killers I already had... so, I spent the time until the surgery - numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment