Father's Day and all I can think of taking a picture of was an empty milk carton with the Best By date of 19th...
Sad.
Father's day is always kinda hard for me to get "into" and I shouldn't think of just me after all Denny is a pretty good step dad to both my boys. All though one may not admit and the other doesn't think about it much. It is rather selfish of all three of us, but either your real dad is in the picture or not. When your real dad is in the picture then you spend time him on father's day you aren't home to celebrate your step dad. When you don't want to think about how your dad isn't or wasn't around you don't have much to celebrate and it takes the "happy" out of the day.
Card buying for an absent father is pretty hard to do also... you try to find the most generic card you can find. Otherwise it's all a lie. "Thru the years you taught me..." "I'll always remember when..." just doesn't work. Hallmark doesn't have that section yet, it's probably not PC enough to sell, but they should have the section for "dads that started new families and forgot the first set" right next to the "I can't take the responsibility" area that is very close to the end of the isle "the dead beat dad" area of cards... ugh... It's not something you get used to either.
I apologized to my husband for letting Father's Day go by with just a simple card letting him know I appreciate his help in raising my boys even thought the boys aren't here to recognize and help me celebrate the awesomeness that he is to me and for them. So, while Denny worked to let other dads at his office have their day. I spent my Father's day like most years with my mom and took her out to the movies after church! We had some good laughs at a comedy chic flic!!
that's my rant...
probably my mood...
No comments:
Post a Comment