Ok - so, I just read my friends blog on this VERY thing - she called herself a mediocre mom because she doesn't get up and make this awesome big breakfast every morning for her school age kids. After you read my blog, on my Epic Failure of TAKS breakfast day - I'll be labeled the WORST mom ever!! UGH...
Ok so, yesterday while I was multitasking - NOT - I forgot to make sure we had something to go with eggs, for the healthy TAKS breakfast I normally get up to make on TAKS morning. Because, like my dear friend, I too fail to get up early everyday to make breakfast. Who do we think we are June Cleaver, no we are working moms! Give me a break! But Josh does just fine eating at school or making himself a protein smoothie every morning - he IS 15 years old - he can handle it, right?
Back to the story...I realized late last night after working out and sending my prayer email to my girls - that we didn't have cheese or sausage to make breakfast tacos and we were low on anything else. So, before bed we began to plot out where we can go sit down together and have breakfast on the way to school - all good right.
As planned, this morning we woke up early to drive drove around the corner to Subway. We wanted to try out their breakfast sandwiches - by the way - they are really tasty. All good... EXCEPT... I didn't realise they don't take American Express... In my haste I also forgot to transfer money around so, I couldn't just use my debit card either. No, I didn't stick around and wash trays... JOSH had to bail me out!! The poor kid had to buy our breakfast. SO, what do you call a mom that not only doesn't COOK for her kid but then makes her kid PAY for his TAKS breakfast??? You can tell me I can take it... :( but for the record I'm pretty sure this is the first year we went out to eat for TAKS breakfast. Next year bud, I'll cook I promise!!
I'm so thankful he works and has his own money!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment